Advertising and Marketing Laws DO Apply
"If you're an Internet marketer, then Kelly Warner is the firm to use. It's amazing how much they know about the industry and how available they are. This is the only law firm I've enjoyed dealing with. Good people. Killer lawyers. Awesome service." - John H.
Promoting products and services means adhering to federal, state, and FTC regulations. Neglecting to do so can result in substantial fines and enforceable professional bans.
As advertising and marketing law attorneys, Kelly / Warner makes sure clients avoid compliance fines. We also assist parties under investigation by the FTC.
"If you are in online marketing and not using these guys.. You are missing out!" -Ben B.
⧁ FBA Selling Issues
⧁ FTC & FDA
⧁ Consumer Review
⧁ Social Media
⧁ Dietary Supplement Marketing
Staying Compliant With Online Marketing Regulations Saves You Money
Invest in an online marketing compliance audit before launching any digital promotional campaign.
An online marketing lawyer can help protect you by:
- ⊛ Reviewing ads, social media campaigns and websites to ensure they meet FTC standards.
- ⊛ Inspecting promotional language. If you're fast and loose with marketing copy, the FTC may come knocking.
- ⊛ Legally monitoring the efforts of your affiliate marketing partners. (Yes, the FTC holds operators responsible for the machinations of affiliates.)
Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Investigation Counsel & Defense
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is responsible for ridding the U.S. marketplace of "unfair and deceptive" marketing.
What should you do if the FTC launches an investigation into you or your business?
- ⊛ Don't contact the FTC without the advice of a lawyer; you could say something that may hurt your case in the long run;
- ⊛ Gather materials and make copies; and
- ⊛ Stay calm. An investigation is just that, an investigation -- not a conviction.